Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Monday

Another Monday has come and gone. More to do than there is of me to do it. That describes a typical Monday at the CO. Made it home around 7:20 p.m. Terry had prepared the meat for dinner. When Emily and I arrived home, we each had a dinner assignment. Terry seared the chicken, I reheated the navy beans, and Emily made the macaroni. We had it done in 15, devoured in 10 and dishes in the sink by 8:10. My kind of meal.

Terry woke me up around 5 am snoring this morning. I've been dragging all day especially since I didn't get in the bed until around 11:45 pm.

We had family visit yesterday (Sunday). Nine in all. Patsy, Holly, Blayne, Trace, A.J., Dan (A.J.'s new husband), Jason (a friend of A.J.'s), Chandler, and another little girl named Alexis. It was great seeing the kids. They change so much so quick. Blayne(4) is a doll , Trace(3) is so slim and loving, and Chandler's (4) hair is almost to her butt. Holly worked on a resume for school. Aunt Pat tried on all the clothes I had discarded from my summer closet. She took everything but three or four pieces with the promised to take 22 pieces of clothing out of her closet. She forgot to take the shoes. I told her today she would have to bring me the 22 articles of clothing before she could take the shoes. Her closets are in worse shape that mine.

We are expecting Nate and Leigh for the weekend. It will be a busy weekend. Emily will be preforming at the middle school football game on Thursday. Homecoming is on Friday and the Great Locomotive Chase Festival is Friday, Saturday (parade), and Sunday. The band parents are supposed to work three of the six gates at the festival. I have volunteered for early Saturday morning.

I hope to have Leigh's parents eat with us on Friday prior to the football game. If that's not possible, maybe we can meet and eat out. Either way, it will be nice to visit with Leigh's parents with Leigh and Nate present this time.

Well off to bed I go for tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Ok ok I know you are busy buts I think its due time for a blog update =) Love you!